12 Reasons Why Gay People Should Not Be Allowed To Get
1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth
2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile
couples and old people can't legally get married because the world needs more
3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only
raise straight children.
4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay marriage is allowed, since
Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.
5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all;
women are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is illegal.
6. Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the
majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the
rights of the minorities.
7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the
values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have
only one religion in America.
8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging
around tall people will make you tall.
9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior.
People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and
can sign a marriage contract.
10. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home.
That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.
11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage
has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms
because we haven't adapted to things like cars or a longer lifespan.
12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a
different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always
constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as
separate marriages for gays and lesbians will.