1. Do not run screaming from the room. This is rude.
2. If you have to back away, do so slowly and with discretion.
3. Do not assume we are attracted to you.
4. Do not assume we are not.
5. Do not expect us to be as excited about meeting a heterosexual as you are about meeting a gay person.
6. Do not immediately start talking about your boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/ wife in order to make it clear that you are straight.
7. Do not ask us why we got this way. Instead, ask yourself how you got the way you are.
8. Do not assume we are dying to talk about being gay.
9. Do not expect us to refrain about talking about being gay.
10. Do not trivialize our experiences by assuming this is a bedroom issue only. We are gay 24-hours a day.